Odor in the washing machines, especially front loading washing machines, is caused by bacteria. Not something you really want growing in the place you clean your clothes. So the objective here is to remove the bad smell in your washer by elliminating the causes of the odor First lets take a look at what causes washing machine to smell.
- Many liquid fabric softeners and cheep detergents can add to a residue buildup in your washer. This residue can become tacky and when mixed with lint and soil becomes a breeding ground for bacteria.
- Moisture is needed for bacteria to thrive and multiply.
- Bacteria likes to grow in dark, cool, moist areas where there is little light or air movement. (no air movement when not in use)
- A closed door traps moisture that has not fully evaporated. Always remove wet articles from washer and leave door slightly open so full evaporation of excess water is completed.
How do you remove the odor in washing machines?
- Take a good look at the rubber gasket just inside the door that seals the front loader from leaking when in use. This gasket often collects lint soil and grime in crevices that can be simply removed by wiping it out with a good cleaner. We recommend OdorBalance™ Offense. Mix ½ oz of concentrated Offense into 1quart and wipe down inside washer especially all of the rubber gaskets..
- Put 2oz OdorBalance™ of Offense in laundry detergent dispenser and 2oz OdorBalance™ of Defense in washing machine rinse or fabric softer dispenser. Run machine with nothing in it on the sanitize setting or the hottest water setting you have.
- Odor will be gone and you have added protection so odors and their sources will be controlled.
- Use OdorBalance™ Laundry Pro to wash your clothes. Keep the odor out of clothes, towels and your washing machine. OdorBalance™ LaundryPro’s long lasting BactiShield™ protects your textiles and washing machine from foul odors and their sources for months at a time.
Restore, Protect and Maintain your apparel, equipment and footwear using OdorBalance ™ Products.
Eco-Friendly. Odorless. Hypoallergenic. DyeFree